Translate The Complete Works of Thomas M. Kelly Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012



Frankie and Johnny were Schweethawts
A play in two acts by Thomas M. Kelly, © 2006 

Frankie and Johnny were sweethearts, 
oh lordy how they could love.
They promised to be true to each other, 
just as long as there were skies above.
He was her man, and wouldn't do her wrong
Johnny said "I'm gonna leave you, I won't be gone very long".
You wait right here honey, don'cha ya worry none while I'm gone.
I am your man, and wouldn't do you wrong. 
Frankie went down to the barroom, she went for a bucket of beer.
"Hey there Mr. Bartender has my lovin' Johnny been here?
He is my man and wouldn't do me wrong" 
"Well I wouldn't want to cause you no trouble, but I ain't gonna tell you a lie.
Johnny left here about a minute ago, with that lowdown Nelly Bly.
He is your man, but he's been doin' you wrong."
Frankie went lookin' for Johnny, she didn't do it for fun.
She sneaked right up behind the Sheriff, and pinched his forty four gun.
He was her man, but he was doin' her wrong.
Johnny he grabbed off his Stetson, "Oh lordy don't shoot".
But Frankie had her finger on the trigger, and the gun went rooty toot toot.
She shot him down, 'cause he was doin' her wrong.
Roll me over easy, roll me over so slow.
Roll me over on my left side, 'cause the bullet hurts me so.
I was your man, but I was doin' you wrong."
Frankie ran over to Johnny, she knelt down on her knees.
"Oh lover forgive me, forgive me if you please
'cause you were my man but you were doin' me wrong."
This story got no moral, this story got no end.
It only goes to show you, that there ain't no good in men.
He was her man and he was doin' her wrong.


Available in paperback and Kindle edition on Amazon.
ISBN: 9781452430058

No comments:

Post a Comment